Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Saskatchewan (The Early Years)..

     A friend of mine commented that she liked looking at old photos even if she didn't know any of  the people are-- I have to agree. Here's a few more from a scrapbook of photos that my Dad was lucky enough to put back in contact with. The Johnson family and friends in North Battleford, Saskatchewan--I don't know who half these people are...






       My Dad, Lynn on the left with his younger brother, Alvin, their Dad was the big dude in the middle with the hat...




     My Grandpa Johnson holding the fiddle and  his half sister that always seemed to be shaded in a cloud of mystery whenever she was spoken of...




       My Grandpa on the right, must have been the first car..













 

3 comments:

Lianne said...

I love the mysterious half-sister. She's very chi chi for Saskatchewan. She looks like she has a really good secret and is dying to tell.

drollgirl said...

these photos are great! love the clothes and the cars! old cars are much cooler than what we have today.

Dan Johnson said...

Funny you pick up on that because that is exactly what I thought from the very first time I saw that photo--that particular one has been around since I was a kid.

Thanks! I love all the old stuff as well. Sometimes feel like I was born into the wrong time..

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin