Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bread Clips..


   It took about four minutes of google research to find out exactly what these things are called..


      The reason I did was because at lunch today while savoring (snarfing actually) the soup and sandwich special (salmon salad on a whole wheat kaiser roll with a cup of tomato florentine soup...delicious) I found a "bread clip" in the salmon salad--when I first bit down on it I thought it was that annoying salmon backbone. The guy I was having lunch with joked that, "We must have got the last two rolls in the bag." Something has to be pretty bad for me to ever complain in a restaurant but I knew the server pretty well so I simply showed her what I found in my sandwich. She was apologetic and I knew the chef-- he said something like, "It's your lucky day you'll be getting a free lunch." 

   The waitress had to type in the computer the reason she had to "comp" the lunch and asked us what we thought that "bread thingy" was called, to which I replied, "I think it's called a bread thingy." I can't remember the term she eventually used but I quipped "I always keep a bunch of these things in my wallet." After all the hilarity settled I thought, "That actually wouldn't be a bad idea." Free lunch anyone? 

    
       I'd never do it but it's not a bad idea. How many different bars and restaurants could you "hit"?

    

3 comments:

drollgirl said...

SALMON SALAD. sorry, but that sounds delicious! even with a bread thingy/clip in it!!!!

Dan Johnson said...

Ha! It was!

B. Diederich said...

Shame on you!
Well...to be honest...sometimes I have these thoughts of ways to 'cheat'...but with my luck I would be the one to get caught somehow!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin