Monday, June 15, 2009

City Slicker Heads To Aldergrove..

  My sister had a party on down to the farm Sunday for friends and family ( what else is there?)--my niece Kaitlin turned 19. Nothing says happy 19th like a tray of Tequila jello shots..


     Kaitlin, her friend Becca and Sis..


     It was a fun day and I might post some more party pics later (not that anyone cares) but I have to admit one of the highlights of the day was this 3500 lb bull..


     Wendy and Darren own around 20 head of cattle and I guess what they do is rent a bull once a year to service the cows--pretty sweet gig..

           Who me??




     Wendy says he gets the job done although they never actually see him do it..

     Sniffin' out some sweet action..



    How could he not get the job done with a marble sack like this..

      Can you say, speed bag?




   It was kind of weird, the cows hung around him most of the day but later on they all moved to another pasture..




     Leaving him all alone in his own..

   But I suspect he had some big plans for this cutie later that evening..


          "Not tonight, I have a headache."


2 comments:

B. Diederich said...

HA! I got to go to a ranch this week and watch a lady do Artificial Insemination...I think I will blog about it later...thanks to your moocow pics!

Lianne said...

I love the photos. I'm a big fan of cows. When I was a kid I used to spend my summers on my uncles' farms in Southern Ontario. I remember being fascinated by the cows and that their tongues felt like my cat's -- like really coarse sandpaper. I also recall taking a big lick (at the dare of my cousins) of the big blue thing sitting in the field. Maybe this is the reason I still crave salt.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin