Thursday, June 11, 2009

Five Favorite Smells..

     Facebook has this silly application where you can post your "5 something"-- 5 concerts you've seen, 5 childhood cereals, 5 people born on your birthday, 5 cars you want in your driveway etc. Yesterday I posted 5 favorite smells, enjoy...or not.


          Roofing tar.. 

      New car smell, apparently a cheeky cocktail of bromine, chlorine, lead, arsenic, mercury and other such wonderful chemicals and elements linked with allergies, birth defects, impaired learning, liver toxicity and cancer...

         Gasoline, loved going to the gas station when I was a kid. This was the local fillin' station we frequented when I was a yewt. That's Dad and Sis at her Grad--I had another photo for here that I pinched from the intro-webs but remembered I had this classic. Downtown Port Moody circa 1979...

     New rubber; boots, tires, condoms...not that I've been anywhere near one of those in eons...

          My own ear wax...





3 comments:

sn said...

I have to agree with you on the gasoline, but ear wax...YUCK

Lianne said...

I also love the smell of gasoline -- what is up with that? I would like to add turpentine and varnish to the list. Mmmmm, chemicals!

Dan Johnson said...

Ha! I know it's weird but I like to smell things and I just can't help myself.

Lianne thanks for reminding me. Being a painter I also get to smell Aromatic Thinners Type 1 AND 2...they don't call them "aromatic" for nothing. Unfortunately we don't use them much anymore..One time while spraying some doors with quick dry and a lousy respirator, I found the meaning of life.. but alas, it was fleeting

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin