Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kitchen...

     After years of making coffee every way imaginable from percolator to French press, Mr. Coffee to the original cast cappuccino maker and even just making cowboy coffee by boiling grounds in a pot on top of the stove, I've given up. I'm tired of fussing with filters and grounds, which are the worst things to wipe up when you spill them. Gone are the days of waking up with filters and no coffee or coffee and no filters and then having to strain it through paper towel or toilet paper. (If you do use toilet paper don't use the stuff with baby powder... gross). I used to have this roommate that would take the pot after the coffee was finished, squirt dish soap in it, fill it with water and leave it in the sink. Then when I'd make the morning coffee I could never seem to rinse all of the soap out. The result ? A soapy tasting pot of joe... pour it out and start over, not fun at 6:00 AM.                                                                                                     
      I really shouldn't say given up because I really like instant coffee now but it has to be Tasters Choice. It's a little more money than other brands but I can taste the difference. Like a bad smell (I was going to use "good friend" there but it sounded too corny) it's always there, no more filters, wet grounds and soapy, baby powder aftertaste. It says the large container makes 150 cups, that's almost half a year without a second thought... and I can still have a coffee out.

     Ma and Pa received these canisters as a wedding present... hard to believe they're over fifty years old...  



No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin