Saturday, April 4, 2009

I Know Life Isn't Fair...


    ...but sometimes it really isn't fair...

   Unfortunately for me it occasionally takes a death in the celebrity or sports world to help jolt life into perspective. In May of 2008 the Vancouver Canucks family lost first round defenceman Luc Bourdon in a tragic motorcycle accident and yesterday Canucks forward Taylor Pyatt lost his fiancee Carly Bragnolo in a car accident while she was on vacation in Jamaica--news reports said three other people had survived the crash but were in serious condition. She was only 27 years old and they were to be married in their native Thunder Bay in August.

    I know that there are all sorts of tragedies happening in the world every day and there are no guarantees in life but somehow when events like this occur so close to home it really reveals how unfair and fragile life can be. My heart goes out to Taylor Pyatt, he had to fly home to Thunder Bay after the game on Thursday--I can only imagine what a nightmare that flight must have been. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is pretty much still too hard for me to talk about, my younger brother, Rob, was killed in an accident 4 months after his 19th birthday. This is almost 47 years ago, and I still have really hard moments, but time as somewhat eased the reality of losing my baby brother.
I was lucky we were so close to each other, and that is what I've always held on to, it was so hard on my parents and always will be, people that haven't lived thru losing a child, really don't know how it changes your life so completely, it's never the same....
My heart goes to Taylor and the Bragnolo family, I wish I could help in some way...

Dan Johnson said...

What a nightmare Cathy, sorry to hear that...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin