Thursday, April 9, 2009

Golf...

     The weather forecast for this past Sunday was nice so a friend of mine booked a tee-off time for the first round of what will more than likely be another abysmal golf season. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the game-- what else can you do that gets you out in the fresh air for 5 hours having a few laughs with your friends while mercilessly mocking them and all the while enjoying an adult beverage or three.

    I've been golfing since my late teens and at some point a few years ago I realized that unless I'm going to commit to lessons (expensive and you get plenty of "tips" from your mates anyway) and hit the driving range 2 or 3 days a week (borr-ink) this is about as good as I'm going to get...



   My usual score usually falls somewhere between 90 and 110 (depending on the course) but I generally hover around 100 and like I said it's just fun to get out. I've never experienced the rush of a hole in one but on Sunday I did manage somehow to chip in from about 40 yards out for my first "eagle" and then proceeded to par the next six holes--it can only go downhill from here. In the immortal words of Mark Twain,“Golf is a good walk spoiled.”

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin