Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Super Heroes...

   Drawing inspiration (no pun intended) from a post by B. Diederich of some drawings she did a few years ago, I decided to root through a box of mementos my Mom had given me. There was everything in there from my childhood, stuff I may post later but I was reminded of the summer when I was 13. My best friend Gene Murphy and I spent two months playing American ping pong, riding our bikes, building forts, reading comics and inventing super heroes--we even made costumes. As you can tell by this artwork I'm no Stan Lee but maybe with the proper training...










4 comments:

John Hartwick said...

Judging by some of the captions, some of those super heroes had really bad gas.

B. Diederich said...

I like the Black Death's whip and Tiger Man!
Lots of students love to draw characters....its great practice. The only bad part is..if they very enter them into any art contest, no matter now good the drawing is, the will not be chosen as winners. The judges assume they have copied from a comic book or another source even if they are totally original. They are set in their ways and 'anti-comic book'.

B. Diederich said...

ever. not 'very'.
they. not 'the'.

Dan Johnson said...

Really bad gas...I'm surprised I didn't think of Gas Man...

Thanks B. Baha...Good thing you caught those spelling errors...I was thinking it.
We had great time creating those characters. I had this idea in my mid twenties that I wanted to be a cartoonist--I took some drawing and art courses but never really stuck with it. I even sent some of my cartoons out to some magazines to no avail...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin