Friday, January 2, 2009

Chocolates...


    I was up at the pub yesterday continuing with my birthday/New Years festivities when I was given a box of chocolates by Roman (aka Colonel Angus). He was one one the guys that went on the New York trip in August and had bought the chocolates while we were there. Mighty thoughtful of him...

     That's me, Tom and Colonel Angus on the right...


     I rarely eat sweets so I'll just keep them in the freezer as a souvenir-- Miss Liberty actually looks a little more like a cigar store Indian when she's in chocolate form...

           Pretty clever of me to place her on New York for the photo...

    Anyway this talk of chocolate made me think of a word I really don't care that much for, "chocoholic." As far as I know there isn't such thing as "chocohol" With the term alcoholic you simply ad "ic" to the end of alcohol so a person addicted to chocolate would really be a chocolate-ic. I suppose one could be a chocoholic if you were addicted to the booze filled chocolates...

   Many thanks to all my family and friends for their out pouring of love and well wishes on my 50th. We'll see if you can put up with me for another 50...

        Photo courtesy of John Hartwick.

4 comments:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
B. Diederich said...

Chocahol--sounds good, but I've been trying to give up the junk food and drink more water....since...
yesterday!
I wonder how resolute I'll be with my resolution!

I am a "clothaholic" and it's very hard to walk out of a fabric store or thrift store without buying a little piece of something different. Not that I ever use it either...

Dan Johnson said...

Waters good, I read the other day that people that pee a lot live longer...I used to be a clothaholic but now it seems I've become a minimalist (hate that term) and I throw everything out...

Good luck with the resolution...I'm hesitant to say it but we all know they never work--OK, let's just say "rarely"....

Dan Johnson said...

PS, I left out the apostrophe in waters--aaargh! Maybe I could let that go in '09...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin