Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nikon D40...


    I posted some of these photos on facebook and in a comment Stephanie asked me what settings I had my camera on. If you would have asked me that a few months ago I would have glazed over but now I can say the aperture was set at +1 and the shutter speed was at 15--like I'm an old pro. The only reason it was set at 15 was because earlier I was experimenting taking pictures of moving vehicles. George Harvey told me that if you want to capture a moving image you set the shutter speed to a lower number. It's been just over a year and I'm still learning what the camera can do-- it's been fun, I've never had a hobby. 

   Occasionally the timing is right and nature cooperates...







2 comments:

Stephanie said...

"Never had a hobby..." - well now you do! Now your heart is full.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DpD-_bVqC2I

Dan Johnson said...

Thanks Hun...it's getting there...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin