Monday, January 12, 2009

Another Pair Bites The Bites The Dust...


    I've basically been wearing the same underwear for the last seven years or so (well not the same pair exactly but the same couple of brands, Hugo Boss and Calvin Klein), they're more money but worth it in comfort and fit...

         These are clean by the way...although you wouldn't know it...

     After years of searching and experimentation for the perfect fit I finally found gaunch that are comfortable at The Bay a while back. Unfortunately they stopped carrying Hugo Boss and the last time I bought a few pairs of CK's they changed the material in elastic and now the waistbands have the deadly "rollover" as evident in this photo...
  
          No good...

     It must be a cost cutting move on behalf of Calvin Klein, why oh why couldn't they just have left well enough alone? I'm right back at square one, searching for the perfect fit. The thing is as soon as I try underwear on I know if I'll be able to wear them or not but you have to buy them first. I have to laugh because if you receive underwear as a gift you can return them but they don't allow you to try them on in the store (which makes perfect sense) if you're buying them for yourself. But who's to say you didn't wear the gift for twenty four hours or so and put them back in the box for refund or exchange?

2 comments:

B. Diederich said...

At least men's underwear last a lot longer than womens' do.
(Strange...I know a couple women that prefer to wear mens' because it keeps their butt warmer in the winter! And they claim they're more comfortable. I may have done this twice in my life--if we went out hunting and it was damn cold!)
Hmmm. Now that I think about this, my son sometimes wears his girlfriends (or her sister's)"boyshorts" underwear if he can't find any of his at their house!

Dan Johnson said...

Haha, they do last quite a while, that's part of what makes it so hard to let go--they get so bloody comfortable.
I find women's underwear uncomfortable, I need something a little higher in the waist otherwise it feels like they aren't completely on.

Any shorts in a storm...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin