Saturday, January 31, 2009

Eddie And The Cruisers...


    I woke up at 1 AM last night with the TV on (as I usually do because it's on when I crash out) and the movie Eddie and the Cruisers starring Michael Pare was just starting. Talk about a trip down memory lane. I was living with this girl named Cinda in the mid eighties...



...and she was absolutely in love with Monsieur Pare. We saw "Eddie" and Streets of Fire (starring him as well) at the theatre the day they opened. Neither movie has really stood the test of time (like any movie from the 80's does) but for nostalgia sake they were both fun to watch and relive the olden days ("Streets" was on last week). The soundtrack was performed by John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band, a kind of  Bruce Springsteen knock-off -- I heard that record ad nauseam. There were a couple of decent tunes on it though--On the Dark Side and this classic...



    It got me to thinking about the rest of Cinda's music. I had kind of lost my interest in music at the time other than the radio so all I remember listening to was her record collection which consisted of ; Eddie and the Cruisers Soundtrack, Burton Cummings Greatest Hits, Prince- Purple Rain and The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush--which she cowrote (not Cinda, Jennifer) and I think still does the best version...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin