Sunday, December 21, 2008

Saturday...

     Some humans that I know were here from Australia to ski Whistler (Wiss-lah) and I caught up with them on Friday at a friends place. She cooked an awesome meal-- wine and good times ensued. As usual in this city when it came time to head home hiring a cab was virtually impossible so I walked from Lynn Valley to North Van. Not that I mind...sort of. I heard on the radio last week that in Vancouver there is only 1 cab for something like every 978 people. The cab companies state that it's only a problem on the weekends, but isn't that the time people are most likely to booze it up and not want to drive?

    But I digress. Saturday morning after brushing my teeth...


       Don't forget the tongue...


                     Holy crap, look at those wrinkles...
   
   ...and trying on a Storm Rider jean jacket that somebody left on the, "I no longer have any use for this table" in our laundry room that was too big (the jacket, not the table)...


     I decided to walk back to Lynn Valley  to retrieve my vehicle in my current state of "sobriety"...




      ...and to my surprise discovered this awesome trail that ran parallel to the highway...








    ...aaand managed to snap some equally borrr-ink photos...





     Oh yes, it's a full rich life that I lead...

4 comments:

B. Diederich said...

I see that snow, but what is the temp? Aren't your ears frozen?--looks like a long trail...

Dan Johnson said...

It's not that cold, just around freezing. The trail was probably a couple miles long. Remember your post about the collar? I also feel the same way about toques (Canadian word) and scarves, I just can't wear them so my ears do get a little chilly.....

B. Diederich said...

Well, you should invest in one of those rabbit-fur-lined Elmer Fudd hats....and pretend you're laying on a silky satin pillow! Gah, I'm such a dork!

Dan Johnson said...

Haha! Good call, I might just do that. Don't be too hard on yourself...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin