Friday, December 5, 2008

Meatloafs(?) Meatloaves(?)...


      I love French's little kid mustard on meatloaf and the other day I developed a powerful hankerin' for it. I don't own any loaf pans so I came up with the bright idea of forming this mixture into meal-size portions, as well as portion size being taken care of they cook way quicker--I didn't have a recipe, just kinda wung it...

  First preheat oven to 375 degrees. Then in a large mixing bowl combine...

  One $5.59 package of lean ground beef (I wanted ground turkey but they were out).

  A handful each of finely diced onion, red pepper, green pepper, shredded carrot (I guess you could use just about any vegetables you want, it's a good way to drill a few into you).

   An egg (I hardly ever buy eggs so I forgot to check them, lucky though they were all cracked and broken except for one).

   Handful of rolled oats (forgot to buy breadcrumbs).

   Sprinkles of onion and garlic powder, red pepper flakes (to taste), fresh ground black pepper, some roasted garlic and pepper seasoning, a couple squirts of wooster, a half jar of salsa I had in the fridge and any fresh herb you like, or dried...whatever, I'm not reinventing the wheel.

   Squish it all together with your hands until completely mixed, form into equal sized loafs (loaves ?) slather them with ketchup and bake in the 375 oven for 30 to 40 minutes on tin foil, no clean up- but be sure to use a sheet pan.

   Slap a loaf on a plate and enjoy with a dollop of French's-- fantastic! Unfortunately I'm not a food stylist...



    

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin