Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I've Been Informed That "50" Is The New "30"...


     I guess people turning 50 have to tell themselves something-- it's almost hard to believe but today is my 50th birthday. It seems like I was 30 years old yesterday and suddenly 20 years went by in the blink of an eye. I'm pretty lucky though, reasonably healthy (koff, koff), great family and friends, a job I like, blah, blah blah.

    A friend told me once that once you get past 50 you, "Never trust a fart or waste an erection." All the parts work, they're just not getting used--with anyone else that is. I'm reminded of one other quote that goes something like,"If I'd have known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself."

Speaking of which, when I was in the drugstore the other day I made my first official "over 50" purchase...



And with some sweet moolah that Mom gave me for my birthday I bought myself some Blundstones...hey I just thought of something, no laces...



What's next, these?...



God forbid! All the best to everyone in 2009...

3 comments:

Bobby said...

So....All I can add is that 60 is the new 40...except for this rule....'Pee every chance you get"

Look after your prostate, Dan. Silenium helps, I hear.

Oh...BTW...check my note on "the girls you loved" and get your butt down to Scottsdale with us March 4-9. I can't guarantee you'll meet Jessi, but you can watch me sing with the band she sings with (Sometimes)...if it's a quiet night.

Bobby said...

Ohhhh....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

B. Diederich said...

Well Heavens! I hope you did something fun for your birthday/New Years....Happy Birthday!
Never heard of that brand of shoes before, although I do have a black/white houndstooth-checked pair of rubber slip-on boots...
So, if I had your official mailing address, I'd send you sumpthin--
Keep in mind that I am not a stalker!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin