Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Only Title That Comes To Mind Is "Ouch"...


     I was talking to Stephanie on the phone this morning when we got on the topic of a girlfriend I had a few years back. It was one of those May/December romances, she was 19 and I was 29. We shared eight months of tumultuous, passionate, red hot monkey love...from my point of view anyway. In a fit of utter and complete madness I even bought her a marquis shaped diamond (her favorite) and asked her to marry me. She didn't think I was serious and the relationship ended badly as they often do but somehow she managed to keep the ring.

    We kind of stayed in contact because we were fairly good friends before we became romantically entangled, and after a few months of separation she invited me for a visit. I sort of got my hopes up (and that wasn't all) of rekindling something but they were just as quickly dashed when she dropped this bomb on me. She told me that her best friend and her had started dating black B.C. Lions football players. Ouch! She also informed me that those dudes have quite the "shaboinkin." I knew there was no way my Caucasian package could compete with that sweet Mandingo lovin' but a small part of me was still willing to try (what?).

   Anyway, I'm not too sure how to wrap this up (no pun intended) but let's just say I knew I was way out of my league and that was pretty much it for her and I, friends and otherwise. 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin