Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Couple Of Things...


      During my walk today (this snowfall has actually made the normally sullen Vancouverites rather friendly and everyone is exercising their best snow etiquette) a thought struck me like the proverbial bolt from the blue. "I have a difficult enough time living up to the expectations I have for myself, how can I possibly be "expected" to live up to the expectations of others." Also in life at the very least, try and the true test of character is what you do when nobody is looking (surfing the net excluded of course).

    Also on my walk I came up behind this redneck/hoser sort of couple that were carrying a half dozen bags of road salt, him being about 6 ft. 5 and she couldn't have been more than 5 ft.. It's fairly slippery out due to the snow and she yells at him. "SLOW DOWN!" To which he calmly and somewhat sardonically replies, "Yes, dear." And then she screams, "DO YOU WANT ME TO FALL ON MY ASS?!?" To which he replies (obviously well rehearsed), "No, dear." Both good answers...he gets it. I probably would have reversed those answers.

   And finally every time I heard this song over the past year, I couldn't get it out of my head for the rest of the day-- including today. Possibly the best "pop" song I heard in 2008 (or her other hit Hot 'n' Cold). I at least give it points for being memorable. Poor quality video, not that anyones going to watch it...



No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin