Friday, May 1, 2009

It's All Fun And Games Until Somebody Can't Get To Sleep...


     I live in a building with hardwood floors and you can hear every little peep. A couple of summers ago there was this young lady living below me and when she'd "do" her new boyfriend at 1 or 2 in the morning you would not believe the howling, wailing, moaning and groaning, it was unbelievable. The only thing I'd ever heard like that was the second girl I'd ever "slept" with. I lived in an old two story walk-up then as well and when she started her screaming and shrieking my first thought was, "What about the neighbours?" Which was immediately followed by my second thought,"Holy Cow! This is only my second time, I can't be this good!

     Anyway, to double the fun she'd leave her window open (my neighbour, not my "second") so you could even here her echo around in the alley way behind the building, disturbing folks in the 'hood as well --"OH BABY! OH BABY! OH DADDY! OH GOD! OH FATHER!" OH FATHER? Creepy, never heard that before. I would literally jump up and down on the floor to shut them up. The stomping wouldn't even put a dent in the action--or cause them to miss a beat, so to speak.

     It's funny because the first couple of nights I found it mildly titillating but after the third night I bruised the shit out of my heel, pounding on the floor. Don't get me wrong, I'm not jealous (well maybe a little) or out to spoil anyone's fun (I'm always happy for somebody getting some sweet action)--I just wanted some sleep. I think I even slid a note under her door politely mentioning the music being a little too loud but that was to no avail. The activities lasted sporadically over a two week period and then lover-boy moved on. She moved on as well, maybe in with him and hopefully into a concrete building--although concrete would only muffle it at best.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

I think she moved into the suite above us! Exactly same sounds, moans and words being used, but this lover-boy can last all night. I now own earplugs. Love the comment about you couldn't possible be that good -- ha ha.

B. Diederich said...

I think her 'lyrics' are an OFFSPRING song!

Sadly, nearly veryone in my neighborhood is decrepitly elderly.

Or they don't have sex.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin