Monday, May 4, 2009

Kitchener Kitchenbook...

    When I was in grade 5 my elementary school published a cookbook to raise money for something or other, I can't recall now. There was a competition throughout the school (grades 1 through 7) to draw a cover for the the cookbook and mine was chosen. I was thrilled to be picked from so many students, and it was my first time in print--to this day it remains one of my only claims to fame...


     It was a great idea. The book was filled with recipes donated by Mom's and interspersed with some written by kids--priceless...

     My sister got "published" as well. This is her recipe for Mac and Cheese...
















     Feel free to try any or all of these at home. I was actually just reminded of another Kitchener Elementary School claim to fame. I received a Kitchener "K" for having perfect attendance in grade 7...


    It's been a full rich life...

4 comments:

B. Diederich said...

I have a Kindergarten Cookbook! But no famous illustration inside...

When I look through the recipes I remembered a girl "Vanessa" with long golden hair--and how she sat on the floor and puddled around herself because she didn't want to leave her play dish-set to go to the bathroom!

Hey...I might use your sunflower pic for a class...

Dan Johnson said...

I remember this girl Cynthia sat beside me in grade 3. She peed herself at her desk one time and the puddle was all over the floor around her. My best friend's pencil rolled off his desk and right into the pee--did we howl. Is that mean?

Sure, use any pic you want...

drollgirl said...

i love your cookbook cover! so great!

Lianne said...

I tried the Lemon Pie. I put it in a bull and beet it like the instructions said. It wasn't pretty.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin