Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Neighbours...


     A few months ago this Chinese lady (not the one above, that's Grandma)  in her late 30's moved in the apartment below me. Fast forward to about a month ago when her parents were visiting here from China with a boy about 4 years old. I mentioned to the building manager, Ross (he keeps me posted on all that goes on in the  building and I pick up wine for him when I go to the liquor store) that I didn't know she had a kid to which he replied, "Neither did I." It's all gossip and speculation but it seems she may have had the child out of wedlock and felt shame so she moved to Canada while the grandparents cared for Number One son. Anyhoo, all four of them are living in a 300 sq ft bachelor suite but are soon moving to a one bedroom.

   Yesterday morning while I was browsing the intro-webs I heard someone calling something out my window below--a dog or cat I figured. I didn't really pay too much attention because the area surrounding my building is usually busy in the morning-- but when the calling continued and I couldn't make out what the person was saying, curiosity got the best of me and I decided to take a look (What do you call an Eskimo peeping Tom? Tom Tookalook).

    Sorry for the extreme close-up, I forgot I had the zoom on...


     I'm guessing she had gone outside for something and locked herself out. It's funny/ironic because Chinese people (and I've worked around lots of them) tend to keep their windows shut tight and blinds drawn..

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin