Monday, November 24, 2008

Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress Amongst Those In Touch With It...

     I have an infinite  sadness and heartache that stirs every time I see a little old lady shuffling along with her walker and buying the $1.00 bags of over-ripe fruits and vegetables--with what may be the last of her money. Or when a five year old girl is crying her eyes out on McDonalds patio because she had cut her finger-- her older sisters hand on her little shoulder for comfort. I feel it when a bank teller or cashier is suffering abuse from some jackass and working for not much more than minimum wage. 

     If I reflect on my Granparents spending their last days deteriorating in a home and the guilt and shame I felt of not being able to summon the courage to visit them more often...


       It gets to me when I think of my own parents aging and the fact that some day they won't be here anymore...

     Or how quickly my nieces have grown up...



    And when I look at old family photos...



      I have a deep dread of my own demise a fear of death and disillusionment and dissatisfaction with my vain attempts at seeking God, securing love and sustaining emotional sobriety.

     When I start to dwell on these things too long and start contemplating the seeming and utter fragility and futility of life I take comfort in the fact that somewhere people are doing this and it eases the pain...



No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin