Monday, November 17, 2008

Do You Drink Alone?


    Why does it seem that all the question lists (not for myself of course, just research for friends) about whether you may be an alcoholic include," Do you drink alone?" and why is this such a hideous thing? 

    I had roommates for most of my my twenties as well as couple of live in girlfriends but basically I've lived by myself since I was thirty. So that means for almost twenty years it's not been OK to sit by the fire, TV or computer after a long (sometimes cold) days work and have a couple of drinks or a bottle of wine. I guess if a person wants to drink at home without any fear of retribution you must...

   a. Get married.

   b. Have friends and/or family over for dinner.

   3. Go to a pub or restaurant every night.

   d. Impose on people..."Mind if I come over? I'll bring the wine."

   5. Ask neighbours in your building to come and sit with you even if they don't drink.

   6. Take a flask to an AA meeting or a movie theatre.

   g. Say to heck with it and relax with your favorite beverage... 
 

2 comments:

B. Diederich said...

I never really understood that question either...
Heck...I have been dying of thirst in the middle of the night and all of a sudden craved a cold beer--popped it open and it was perfect.
Probably a beer or a Smirnoff Ice here and there are my favorite alcoholic drinks if I am by myself. I say, 'so what!'

Dan Johnson said...

Eggs ackley!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin