Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Didn't Know That And I Didn't Want To Know That...


      I wouldn't consider myself materialistic (money is still better than broke, however) but after crawling around on my proverbial hands and knees for two days, dapping, filling, sanding and finally painting baseboards I hear this perturbing piece on the radio...

     Sting makes an average of $2000.00 per day in royalties for his now 20 year old song, Every Breath You Take. The song is officially the most requested song of all time.


      Good for him I guess, well not I guess... just plain good for him. I know we pay athletes millions of dollars to play a game but somehow $2000.00 a day for one song puts it a little more in perspective--or not. Anyway, please refer to post title...


2 comments:

B. Diederich said...

How lucky for him...didn't know that song was quite so popular.

What type is that twisted tree on the blog below--I love it!

Dan Johnson said...

I didn't either, it seems all you need is one hit song... About the tree I'm not sure, I'll try to find out...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin