Friday, March 21, 2008

Quick Quiz...


    Two of my favorite quotables (besides my Dad) are Friedrich Nietzsche and Groucho Marx . Below is a list of some my favorite quotes by them... see if you can guess who said what... ees for fun. I've never seen pictures of these two side by side before but maybe they were separated at birth... at least Nietzche's moustache looks real... sort of. What is that ?

   1." The Christian solution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad."

   2." I never forget a face but in your case I'd be glad to make an exception."

   3." I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it."

   4." You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

   5." Time flies like an arrow... fruit flies like a banana."

   6." The man of knowledge must be able to not only love his enemies but also to hate his friends."

   7." Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Any one can get old. All you need to do is live long enough."

   8." In heaven all the interesting people are missing."

   9." There is always some madness in love. But there is always some reason in madness."

   10." From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it."

   11." What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil."

   12." She got her looks from her father, he's a plastic surgeon."
 
   13." A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." 

   Giver' the Googler if you really want the answers but I think they're obvious... except for maybe seven... 


    I'd be remiss if I didn't at least include a couple of quotes from dear old Dad...

   1." I know two flowers, one is a rose and the other one isn't."

   2." What about the first guy that ate an egg ? Did he think, " I'm gonna eat the first thing that comes out of  that birds ass."

   3." Hair is better than bald."

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin