Monday, March 10, 2008

Mac...

    
    I'm mildly annoyed right now because I had this text finished but lost it searching for a photo. My only hope is that I can catch lightning in a bottle twice... needing Bloody Mary.
    Today is first anniversary of purchasing my Mac and logging on to the interweb. I would like to give thanks to Stephanie "You don't need to type in www. you know" Kiernan and "let's call him" George "Click on System Preferences" Harvey. Without their undying support, help and most of all patience I never could have made sense of the computer and the world wide web (so that's what www. means) and become the mediocre blogger I am today. A little extra shout out to "let's call him George" for helping me with camera and photo issues and generously donating a scanner to the cause. Had I known they were going to be so accommodating I probably could have saved the couple of hundred bucks I spent on the AppleCare Protection Plan but I doubt they could help with hardware issues... or could they ? 


  The Honk If You're A Knob must have, desert island, lost in space classic album for today is... 


   Plenty of anger and bitterness to go around with a flash of tenderness in Alison. Great songwriting a solid effort back to front. I had just moved back into my aunts place after getting evicted and listening to this I was amazed at how good I thought this record was... moving and memorable. I bought this in the miscellaneous section of Kelly's Stereo Mart as I did quite often in the olden days... it was the only way to find new music. Red Shoes, Blame It On Cain, Mystery Dance are favorites but it's all first rate. 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin