Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ancestors...


    My Mom's Grandfather and Grandmother on her maternal side... looks like I might be related to Stalin... who knew ?



   Mom's Grandparents, paternal side... right off the boat... could be trouble.

    
  Nuthin' beats a good old fashioned Ukrainian wedding... check the lid on the guy on the right... pants are pretty sweet too...


    You can see I come from good quality stock... my Grandpa is second from the right, I think the bookends are his brothers and Ed Asner was in town... great picture.



       Married fifty years and still lovin' it...


     I wanna rock and roll all night... and part of every day... that's Gramps on the kit. Quite possibly early pioneers of  Uke- rock


   My Nana and Grandpa Bill (Mom's parents). It's remarkable to me how well documented my Mom's side of the family was, they had no money but they always had a camera. My Dad's side... not so much. That probably explains why I didn't get a one until I was 48. 
   It's hard to believe. Leaving the Ukraine to get on a boat to sail to a country you've never seen. You can't speak the language, there isn't a house you're moving to and it's not like you could just go to McDonalds and grab a cheeseburger. That's an adventure...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin