Friday, March 28, 2008

Never Been Done On This Blawg Before... Two Topics...


     I was doing some work for this lady today, I would guess her age at about sixty, actually I don't have to guess her age she told me she was sixty. That aside as I entered her house I noticed a dish of pet food with some kibbles in it (or were they bits?) and I could hear some weak barking sounds coming from upstairs.
     I started my work and she began to tell me about her dog. I asked her what kind of dog she had to which she replied, "It's a cock-a-poo. He's sixteen years old he's blind and deaf and doesn't move around very good so he craps just about anywhere."She said it very matter of fact manner. I'll say right here that I am an animal lover but haven't had a pet in quite a few years. In my life however I have had my fair share of varmints ... numerous cats, dogs, rabbit, fish tanks (a fish tank isn't really a pet but you get the idea), canary, budgie, hamsters and even a chinchilla. I understand how attached we can get to these critters but I don't understand how somebody could let there "pet" suffer like that, it really is an affront to all that's decent in human beings. I realize how difficult it must be for a person to euthanize their pet but is it really a pet anymore ? Let it die with some sort of dignity and remember it for the companion it was.

    On a lighter note, last night I was awakened from my beauty sleep at 1:30 AM. I live on the corner of a very busy highway and there is a short lane that runs behind my building so I'm used to being woken up. Sirens, the clatter of dumpster divers (which is quieter since a lock was put on it) and the occasional passionate evening (that guy must have been good... her... OH BABY... OH MY GOD...OH DADDY...OH FATHER!...Oh Father? I don't want to know.) which isn't so bad the first night but after five or six in a row and I've bruised my heel pounding on the floor...
    Anyhoo, back to last night. When I come out of a deep sleep it takes a few seconds to get my bearings and figure what all the racket is. (Quick sidebar: I had this room mate once and his room was right next to mine. I was awakened one night by what I thought was somebody doing the wash and wondered who in the heck is doing laundry at 3:00AM. He had a waterbed, the swishing... you get the rest. From then on I would say, "Jeff I heard you guy's doing the "wash" again last night...) I got up and looked outside and there was a big black pickup parked below my window (I'm on the second floor) with some party goers gathered around it, music cranked . There were three girls and one guy (it's nice to share) and from what I could gather from their conversation they were waiting for somebody in the building to arrive home so they could start their orgy... or something like that. 


                                     The "Spot"
     
    I was reminiscing about what these youths were doing when I recalled an idea I had a while back... something about noisy dumpster divers and a paintball gun, but I couldn't go through with it. It got me to thinking about what I could do for fun right now. The foursome had retreated to the truck to listen to music and continue their wait when I had a brainwave. I have a drawer full of rolled up work socks and you have a wide open sunroof . I reached into the drawer and took my first shot, I launched it and it bounced off the side of the pick up. Laughing to myself I took my second shot... threw it right in the back of the box, better but not quite there. Feeling totally confident now I took my third shot ( kind of like darts, marker... marker...) and bulls eye ! I hit him right in the side of the head. I could see because the dash and stereo lights were on. He got out and looked around... I don't think he knew what hit him and I was crouched down LOL. Maybe next time water balloons or maybe roll up some stinky ones.... I'll have to use my imagination... 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin