Saturday, March 1, 2008

Language...

   I am almost painfully aware of how people use their language, communication skills or lack thereof, spelling and punctuation. You would think that after twelve years of school and parents telling their children to "use their words", they would be able to string something together better than, "Like, she was like and then I was like and then we were all like... and actually, oh my god..." Thanks for sharing.
    The English language is probably a hybrid of some sort anyway and I understand texting and emailing people need to use shortcuts but I just cannot bring myself to not use proper capitals, punctuation and spelling even when texting (although I have brought myself to use LOL and LMFAO a couple of times). I've been on some online dating sites (computer dating is fine... if you're a computer) and there's no quicker turn-off for me than bad spelling and punctuation... how hard is it to capitalize your "I", I ask you ? These are basics, folks and I'm really not this anal about most things if you exclude hair, boots, jackets and pant length.
   Which brings me to the thing that got me thinking about this anyway and it's a short list of words and phrases that I always find mildly irritating (Stephanie you know what I'm talking about); orientated, irregardless, happy camper, these puppies, these bad boys,"like" (probably the most over used word in the English language), co-inkydink and last but not least... buh- bye.    Having spewed this i really hope theirs know spelling mistakes small eyes or punctuation errors in this blawg ?
    


  
   You can tell by this grad photo I'm ready to take on the literary world... 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin