Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Crop, Then Cut And Paste...

I just finished scanning what seemed like a thousand family photos. It took about three weeks, not as bad as the three months it took to load all my music... I think I'm pretty clever now that I know how to scan photos and then cut and paste them on my blawg... but anyways... The last ones I scanned were my Kitchener Elementary School class photos and I managed to make sense of "crop" so I thought I'd treat the gentle viewer to some of the celebrities... 

      Miss MacDonald, my grade one teacher... had such a crush on her (like any grade one-er). I had a dream one night that I kissed her on the cheek. The dream was so vivid I could even see the pores in her skin and I woke up the next morning feeling like I cheated on my Mom. She got married over the summer and never came back... crushed. 

   Laurie Prince and Cindy Ciarnello respectively... had crushes on both of them from grade one until grade seven and don't think I ever talked to either of them. I do recall imagining putting my arms around Cindy and kissing her as early as grade one... weird. You can almost tell from the photo, Laurie was more like Betty and Cindy like Veronica...

    Miss Steele my grade two teacher. I thought she was a hundred years old but she was probably only forty. First teacher to send me to the office. Terrified I lied and told her I went when I didn't... I had a feeling she knew but let it drop, good for her.

   Linda Fullbrook... made friends with her when I was three years old, the first friend I ever had. Didn't hang out with her in school though... girls ? Gross. 

    Wayne Gladue lived up the street from me. I thought he was cool... he used to throw gum and money at my bedroom window in the morning to get me for school. Mom didn't trust him and wondered where he got his money. She told me I couldn't hang around with him anymore... dang it.

    Carol Fisher broke her arm in grade two and I thought she had to wear the cast for the rest of her life... what a knob.

    As you can see Miss Reynolds, my grade three teacher didn't wear mascara but she did one day and I couldn't believe how much more purty she looked.

    Kim Hamilton my bestest friend. He was the first kid I ever saw letting his jeans hang down at the ass and let them drag on the ground... I called them "crotchies" The red-headed kid.

    Charlene Solem and I sat beside each other one time at the Dolphin theatre and
 shared popcorn and Cherry Nibs. I don't know if she did but I considered it a date... I liked her but she started hanging out with the rough crowd. Back to fantasizing about Laurie and Cindy.

    Joseph Heck... I always felt sorry for him for some reason and wanted to protect him from the bullies but that's tough to do when you're getting bullied yourself...

   I was smaller so I always sat in the front row... really caught shit from Mom for not changing out of my gumboots. I hated wearing them so I'm surprised they're even on... not cool. A bully probably took my shoes. 

     Booth Milton... funny guy. Had two brothers named Lund and Rue... thanks Mom. 

    Jennifer Davies my grade seven crush... I may have actually talked to her...who needs Laurie and Cindy anyway ? 

     Ronald Giddings... his claim to fame for me was he never looked anyone in the eye, he always gazed just over your head... he's not even looking at the camera. 


    Craig Boleen. one of my first friends. Used to say "purt" it down instead of "put" it down. Amazing but true.

    Dan Johnson... my grade seven photo. I peaked, it was all uphill from here...
  

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin