Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stuck In The Seventies...


     Stephanie and I spent another Saturday afternoon at George Harvey's downloading early to mid seventies AM radio hits. I think we're in danger of becoming those people that say, "In my day we didn't have a day, it was night, and we were happy..."      
      Call it nostalgia or crying in my beer-- I love those songs and let's face it, the 70's were the golden age of popular music. From the singer/songwriters of the early part of the decade-- Jackson Browne, Jim Croce, Carly Simon, Elton John and John Denver, to classic rock-- Nazareth, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Heart, Queen and Springsteen. There was glam rock-- David Bowie, T-Rex, The Sweet, Slade and Mott the Hoople as well as punk rock-- Ramones, Clash and Sex Pistols. I was in love with Suzi Quatro, the Runaways and Linda Ronstadt and I was afraid to admit it at the time but I really liked  disco (I couldn't confess, it was the "Disco Sucks" era and my sister liked the Bee Gees) ... Play that funky music white boy.
     It was even the golden age of country music as well-- The Outlaws, Waylon and Willie, Jessie Colter, Hank Jr., Johnny Paycheck, Charlie Rich, Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn. And we still had Elvis, Frank and Dean.
    Aaanywaays, I only wanted to post this classic before I got carried away. A video by a guy I didn't want to admit liking either-- because my parents were fans but this song always strikes a chord, whatever that means...


 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin