Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Passport Photo...

     A whole crew of us are going to New York City for a five day whirlwind tour at the end of August. I've never been and I'm totally psyched (I know... but I couldn't come up with a better word) about the trip. The only thing I want to do for sure is see a Yankees game-- Yankee Stadium is closing this year and I've never seen Major League baseball game... the rest of the trip I think will be spent "wingin' it".
    I only had six years to renew my passport but didn't, it expired a couple of months ago, so now I have to reapply. It's not a big deal, mainly just a bit of an inconvenience, the major concern being the outcome of the passport photo. I had this beauty taken yesterday...



       Before sitting in the chair to have my picture taken the lady pointed me to a mirror so I could "check myself ".... I said," It doesn't matter, I have a huge pimple on my forehead." (What are the odds? I haven't grown a third eye in years-- look close, it's just over my left eye) and the way these photos usually turn out what difference does it make? She laughed and proceeded to snap the customary two photos of which you have to pick one. She pointed to a small television set where I could view them and decide on the keeper... before they were even displayed I said, "Neither..." 

     Anyway, I chose what I felt to be the lesser of two evils. It's funny because I don't recall having a funeral parlor apply my make-up. It actually looks like a picture the coroner would take before signing my death certificate... frozen in time for the next five years. With digital photography you'd think they could at least snap a few, not that I really care, it's just something to blog.

6 comments:

B. Diederich said...

Not bad! The coloring reminds me of those old hand-tinted photos, like when our parents had their senior pics taken--or before!
But...do you have on earrings?! Just kiding!

B. Diederich said...

kidding

My keyboard has been getting stuck on the letter 'd'... gotta tap on it about 3 times to get a 'd' to show up. (Cereal milk, I am sure!)
BD

Dan Johnson said...

I've had those earrings in for years...they were done in a piercing shop, I can't take them out even if I wanted to.
I think she must have used photo shop to try to hide my zit... I don't know but you're right it does look hand tinted.
I like cereal but the only liquid generally near my keyboard is some sort of booze, pathetic I know but totally under control...

Dan Johnson said...

Bren, you know what's funny ( maybe you already picked up on it), in my profile pic I'm eating a bowl of cereal...weird...

Anonymous said...

Do something about that photo bro.
I can hear the rubber gloves snapping at customs when they look at that.
Have fun in the big Apple.

B. Diederich said...

Gaw! No, I didn't really notice the cereal in the photo until you pointed it out!
I always think of the scene in Jurassic Park where the dude's entire computer area is trashed with foodstuff and junk... I'm NOT the one that eats/drinks around mine, because I am much too fond of my laptop to ruin it!
(Sorry--haven't blogged much--more fruit--peaches this time and it's 11:00--yawn!) About the snake thing--my dad used to catch snakes when young for K-State...he taught us it was enjoyable to scare the daylights out of my mom and see her shriek and run, so we all like them! Spiders...shivers!
I am going to point out your hiking trail to my daughter--she would immediately like this...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin