Friday, October 24, 2008

Nollie Kickflip (I didn't even know it had a name)...

       If skateboarding was cool when I was in school I may have tried it but wasn't and I probably would have split my head open anyway. The only kid in junior high school that even had a skateboard was Pat Scoular and he was tormented endlessly-- totally white and nerdy. Even kids that never picked on anybody might have taken a jab at him. He had the old flat wooden board with the metal rollerskate wheels for trucks that rattled the teeth right out of your head. Little did he know how far he was ahead of his time--I often wonder about him when I see how "cool" skating became...and I always wondered how they do this...



An awesome movie about the history of skateboarding with a soundtrack to match...


     

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin