Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Muffin...


      I haven't been frequenting Starbucks for some time but lately the only way I seem to be able to get a decent cup of coffee is to order an Americano with an extra shot, I'm hooked again. Since I've been working in Edgemont Village lately I'll also go to Delaneys for one as well (way better pastries).

      Anyway, speaking of pastries, I'm in the line up at Starbucks this morning and there's a lady in front of me placing her order (which can often be quite an ordeal in itself). She points at the display case and asks the girl behind the counter,"What kind of muffins are those?" It seemed a reasonable enough question as there was no signage on the muffin. The girl replied politely."Apple and oatmeal." I know it was early but the lady asked, "What do they taste like?" to which the clerk replied, "Apple and oatmeal" again quite politely.

     Maybe it's just me but I would think an apple and oatmeal would taste a lot like say, apple and oatmeal? Oh yeah, I bought one... tasty but dry as usual.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin