Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"In Politics, Stupidity Is Not A Handicap"... Napoleon.

       Today is election day in Canada and this is the first time in a while I haven't voted. I know everybody says if you don't vote you can't bitch, it's your duty to exercise your right to vote, blah, blah, blah. Pathetic maybe but it's never really seemed to make one bit of difference to me one way or the other who the Prime Minister of Canada was anyway-- but I did like Pierre Elliot Trudeau. Dad always said, "People don't always know a good job when they see one but they sure know a bad one." I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, it just came to mind.

       On my facebook profile I usually have "apathetic" listed as political views and I honestly don't follow politics closely enough to even make an "educated decision" (like much of the population does). It becomes a popularity contest and like Living Color said, Cult of Personality. I guess the main reason I didn't vote was there just didn't seem to be a leader worth making the effort for. Canadian politics isn't very exciting at the best of times but this crop had to be the worst. Where are all the "leaders?"
     
      I probably know way more about American politics anyway, at least it's interesting. There was a pretty nice sunset tonight though...


1 comment:

B. Diederich said...

I'm very glum right now, 'specially after reading this. It's patheti-sad, but we have no one to vote for either...
I always thought Canada was in better shape than us.

Oh...the lower blog: do you wash or warsh your hair/dishes/laundry? Do you say wolf or woof? I rather enjoy combined words because some are just craptacular! Yes, and I know I spelled 'buy' 'by' wrong on my last blog. :(
BD

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin