Friday, September 12, 2008

They Shoot Horses, Don't They ?

   I had planned a completely different post for today but after leaving work early, downing a couple of vodkas while trying to get used to the new facebook page and taking an hour long walk all I could think of was this classic...

   It's the ultimate depressing, wake up on the couch at 3:00 AM  in a daze at your buddies place with the TV on, can't find the remote, after breaking up with the love of your life, half-pissed, half hungover, in your clothes-boots on, unemployed, wondering where your life is going, with a stinky pizza box and an ashtray with roaches in it sitting on a coffee table and it's cold because buddy didn't pay his gas bill and you don't have a blanket movie of all time...


   Sydney Pollack's gem, an underrated classic.  I must be sick but I love this film... the trailer brings tears to my eyes...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin