Wednesday, September 17, 2008

LOVE...



     I had this post planned today about love... L-O-V-E love and how empty life can be without it and anything we do is a substitute for it. And even though you may have plenty of friends and family that care about you and want what's best for you it isn't the same as having a passionate love to share in your life. You know, the kind that inspires romance, poetry, books, irrational thinking and sweating profusely. How sometime it feels like you can't live without that person and your love seems so strong  your body literally aches (and feel nauseous when you stare at her picture after she's left you but you keep looking at it anyway... that and thinking about her in bed with her new beau, legs in the air... ouch). 



     The times spent farting, laughing and crying together--  lovemaking that felt like you had a spiritual experience (also gas, snoring and breath that sends you to the couch). I began to wonder if it might be better to never have felt that for another human being and to simply long for what that feels like (don't forget the despair when she leaves you for the men's clothing manager of Woolco). The frustration of knowing love is out there somewhere and you may never feel it again- I didn't choose bachelorhood it somehow chose me (or if I did choose it I don't remember when exactly).
      Anyhoo, as I started writing I got depressed about the whole topic of loving, losing, realized  I'm no poet and far more talented writers than me have tackled the subject... so I thought I'd post some photos of a the sky instead. Come to think of it I'm barely a photographer either but what the heck, I like it...







     Where is love? Does it come from skies above?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Dan, you have an excellent eye for photography-SN

B. Diederich said...

I had my students use sky pics yesterday for a project...too bad they couldn't use yours-but blogger is blocked for them--but lucky too, because of the legs comment...!
BD

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin