Tuesday, September 16, 2008

? and the Mysterians...


     I had to do a bit of research today as my fading memory could not recall in what order I purchased my first four punk rock albums (why I was trying to do this will be clear in a second). 

     The first was... 

        Number three...

         The forth...

    
       And finally, the reason for this post was the second punk album I ever bought... a little
   known classic and a pioneer of the pop/punk movement by Eddie and the Hot Rods called          Teenage Depression...


      I thought the best cut on this album turned out to be a cover tune. I was vaguely aware of hearing it before and I think it was the only song on the record that wasn't penned by the band- called 96 Tears.
     This song by ? and the Mysterians was out way before Prince decided to change his name to a symbol. The only video I could find was this one shot for a 1998 documentary but ? is awesome...

 





2 comments:

John Hartwick said...

It's funny how we just missed CGBG's in New York Ha? 1 year, we would have seen it all dude!!

Dan Johnson said...

Exactly... what a shame...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin