Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Cruise...


     I've probably been on half a dozen boat cruises in  the waters surrounding Vancouver. The last one I went on was put on by some regulars of the Queens Cross in 1988 or '89 and after that one I swore I'd never go on another boat cruise again. They generally seem to go on way too long and I hate the feeling of not being able to leave when I want to. You can imagine my chagrin (I never use that word but it fits) when I asked John how long the Circle Line cruise around Manhattan was and he replied, "Three hours." 

     The cruise turned out to be the centerpiece of the trip and I think everyone aboard agreed. The cruise director/narrator was extremely knowledgeable, informative and had a voice like Mel Torme. It was quite comical- before the cruise was barely underway he had told everyone at least three times to keep the aisle-ways clear in case of emergency and what do people do? Stand up, clog the aisle-ways snapping photos and don't listen when he tells them to clear out. I didn't ask him but he must get tired of it.
    Added bonus?... They had beer on board...


























    And after the cruise... a limo to Greenwich Village...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin