Friday, September 26, 2008

Kids Say Crazy Stuff...


    When I was out for a walk yesterday I overheard an eight year old boy talking to his Mom. They had just left the Griffins Boxing and Fitness club. He was dragging a rather large black gym bag and when he stopped to rest, he looked up at his Mom and said,"Mummy, it's peoples armpits that make them hate themselves."
  
      I smiled as the mother chuckled and then I thought,"Yeah... that and past hurts, regrets, mistakes and resentments coupled with deep-seated emotional problems, anxieties and insecurities- but that's more of an adult thing. I'd stick with the armpits, at least there's deodorant for that. Cheers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,
that is the cutest picture EVER!
I can see you behind that grin...SN

B. Diederich said...

I was always amazed at what kids say, especially the kindergarten class-- the little ones that don't understand what really isn't public conversation. Sometimes it's so incredibly funny--other times it's just downright sad.
Sometimes you learn a lot about a family: "Tommy, my mama threw all daddy's clothes outside on the lawn last night!"
Uh oh!
That little pic of you and your friend is really cute...tell us more about it!

B. Diederich said...

Oh...forgot. I like that Gustav Klimt you posted. The painting that I sold in Chicago was based on some of his style work...

When I drove Brigg over to Manhattan to take Judo classes, I took kickboxing for a couple months (same coaches) and it was really fun. There were 4 yr olds up to college age kids--all in the same Judo class. It was really beneficial for the older kids to learn how to deal and work with the little ones--funny as hell sometimes--one little boy filled us in on all kinds of bizarre family situations!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin