Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Re: Duffy...

     In yesterdays post about pop singer Duffy I had suggested that even though this was an excellent song why wouldn't you listen to Dusty (Duffy) Springfield instead and then it hit me...



   The reason Mercy is an excellent song is that it's a rip-off of Stand By Me by Ben E. King (John Lennon does a pretty good version).

   Anyhoo, not to get too down on poor little Duffy (it's still a good song and she has more talent than me in her false eyelashes), I was thinking not just Dusty Springfield but maybe a little Aretha Franklin might sooth... 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it samples Ben E. but otherwise it's just your regular twelve bar blues. Check out her album, it's beyond great.

Dan Johnson said...

Thanks, I will. That song is really starting to grow on me...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin