Saturday, June 14, 2008

Why Do They Call it Golf ?

    Because F%@k and S&#t were already taken...


    Actually it wasn't that bad. Played hookey from work yesterday afternoon and went out to Gleneagles Golf Course to play a round of whack! - f%@k. It's a cool little nine hole course, quite picturesque. It's been there since 1927 and legend has it that Frank Sinatra used to sea plane members of the Rat Pack in and stay for a week at time. We were probably walking on some of their cigarette butts and Jack Daniels caps as we putted... miserably.

     On a sadder note a friend of ours, Ken, died a couple of week ago and his funeral is today. It's the shits because he spent many years building his dream home in Mexico. He finally completes his project and has a heart attack there... R.I.P. Ken...

2 comments:

B. Diederich said...

I am really sorry to hear about your friend. Life isn't fair to those who have just accomplished something that they can finally look forward to... I hope he had much enjoyment in creating his endeavor...


(I have never played F*&% S&%#! because I pretty much suck at any sport involving a flying object.)

Dan Johnson said...

Thanks. It really is the shits. The whole project was quite an endeavour and he just had a new grandson too.

Too funny. I'm not great at it but it's fun to get out with my jackass friends...I think most sports involve some sort of flying object. I've only ever played baseball and golf, marginally better at the former than the latter...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin