Monday, June 9, 2008

There's No Such Thing As Bad Weather...


     I thought I heard on the radio today that Vancouver was voted the eighth most livable city in the world. I couldn't find anything on the interweb to support that fact but I did find out that Vancouver was voted the most livable city in the world for the fifth year in a row in August 2007 by Economist magazine. Somehow it seems only fitting that I'm doing this research on the bleakest, bleariest, blackest, bitterest most biting June Mondays that I can remember. Did I mention cold, rainy and windy ? This isn't June, it's June-uary. We do live in an incredibly beautiful part of the planet (when the sun is out) but this rain can let up any time. Lately a good forecast seems to be rain easing to showers... or a really good one would be a 40% chance of showers. And what's the difference between sunny with cloudy periods and cloudy with sunny periods? I realize we usually don't get any real summer weather until late July and early August (September's great except when the P.N.E starts) but this "spring" weather we've been having lately is wearing a little thin.
     I read in that stupid book "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" a saying that went, "There's no such thing as bad weather just different forms of good weather." HUH??!!?? Tell me that when you're changing a flat tire on the Sea to Sky highway with the wind blowing icy cold rain in your face... where's this "global warming" of which they speak ?









      I don't know what kind of trees these are but they're kinda purdy. 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin