Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Was Shocked To Read This In The Province Today...


   "Chrysler is asking the union to help it cut all-in hourly labour costs for active and retired workers from the current $76 an hour Cdn to $57 an hour, the level Toyota Manufacturing Canada pays its workers, people familiar with the matter said yesterday."

   Are you freaking kidding me? Auto workers make $76 an hour!? I must have had my head buried in the sand somewhere all these years. No wonder it costs $30,ooo for a piece of crap automobile. And of course the "union" wasn't interested in making full concessions in these times. I say, "Shut 'em down." When things slow down in the construction trades (of which I'm a member) our wages always reflect economic conditions, good or bad. I simply can not wrap my pea-brain around $76 an hour (probably plus all benefits and pensions) for a factory job-- and I'm all for people earning a decent living. Great work if you can get it I guess.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin