Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Public Washroom...


      I was in London Drugs picking up a couple of things (which usually ends up to be around ten) when I felt myself in need of a squirt. There is a public washroom in the rear of the store but it's just a small room--no male or female, just a toilet and a sink.

     Feeling relieved  that no one was in there when arriving at the door, I pushed it open and stepped inside. Holy cow, talk about walking into a wall! Somebody had been in there immediately before me and dropped a bomb/laid a patch like you wouldn't believe--world class! It took my breath away and I was too afraid to breathe in after the initial shock so I held it in....



    Then a bigger concern than this ghastly funk had entered my mind. What if there's somebody waiting outside the door when I'm done (possibly cute) and I have to take the blame for this revolting reek and then run into them in the store--hey, there's En-reek-o. I don't embarrass easily but I don't want to take the blame for something I didn't do, especially that. I was thankful there was no queue of people waiting as I beat a hasty exit, the stench still clinging to my clothing and singed nostril hairs.

    Anyway, the incident prompted me call a good friend of mine I'll call "Stupid" (because that's what we call him). His toilet tang is almost unrivaled in our circle of friends so I asked him, tongue in cheek, if had just been in the London Drugs washroom. He said, "No, I'm still at work." To which I replied, "Well then you have some pretty serious competition out there then." 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin