Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What The World Needs Now Is Another Top Ten...

In yesterdays blog I tried to post my ten favorite/influential songs. All day today (well maybe not all day) I found myself mulling over the songs that didn't make it. So here they are, not that anyone really cares (again in no special order)...


     ~ Pretty Vacant- The Sex Pistols

     ~ Like A Prayer- Madonna


     ~ Born To Run- Bruce Springsteen

     ~ Twentieth Century Boy- T-Rex


     ~ Fake Plastic Trees- Radiohead

     ~ Wonderwall- Oasis


    ~ Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough- Michael Jackson

    ~ A Small Victory- Faith No More

     As I write this a flood of songs come to mind- top tens don't work...well maybe...


     I was off work early today so I got busy cleaning the crib (that's hip lingo for "apartment")...







      On my knees scrubbing floors, I was thinking, "F@ck, do I hate cleaning." As I had that thought it occurred to me that although I hate it now it always feels good after I'm finished. So it seemed the logical conclusion to this line of thinking was, Top Ten things you hate doing but feel better after they're done...

      10- Buying snow tires/getting brakes done.

      9- Getting your teeth cleaned. 

      8- Having a mole examined.

      7- Visiting family.

      6- Smoking relaxing crack. (I'm not serious, it's just fun to say "crack")

      5- Getting a haircut.

      4- Reading instructions.

      3- Doing the Grouse Grind.

      2- Quitting drinking (of course I'm kidding).

      1- Wearing a condom (vague memories).

2 comments:

B. Diederich said...

Ha!Funny!
I've been mulling over a Top Ten Pet Peeve List lately...

But seriously, all day long I've been kicking around thoughts of the Top Ten Song List, and I'm a failure. The more I think, the harder it gets, plus my mood one hour might vary in....30 minutes or so! I just know I would leave off some extremely important and special song that would make me say "AAARGGH!" later!
BD
I guess mine would be the Top Ten Shifting Song List...

Dan Johnson said...

That's exactly how I felt but I thought I'd really try this time...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin