Friday, August 22, 2008

My Lettuce Is Tight...


     I had to get my lettuce tightened today. The barber was this old Italian guy that George Harvey goes to-- talks a little too loud and has a pretty strong accent considering he's been here most of his life. I honestly don't know how he makes a living where his shop is but he's been there 40 years... what do I know?

    Anyhoo, when I arrived back home there was a black wallet lying in the middle of the alley behind my place. I parked the car and went over and picked it up, hoping for about 10 1000 dollar bills within. As I was walking up to my apartment I hadn't looked in the wallet yet but asked myself what I would do if there was a chunk of money in it. People always say they don't care about the money they only want their ID and cards back. I think the opposite- I want the cash back, I can get new ID and credit cards. It turned out there wasn't any money in it and after checking the drivers license I recognized him as somebody who lives in my building.
   I proceeded to knock on the door to his suite when the thought occurred to me, "What if there was money in the wallet and somebody else had already picked it up, taken the cash and simply dropped the wallet?" A bit of panic set in as I heard footsteps but no one came to the door. Rather than being suspected of being a thief I just left the wallet by the door and took off... what would you do?

    I had to get some new dress shoes for the trip...sure, any excuse for new shoes...


No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin