Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mmm, Chocolate..

I hired a cleaning lady a couple of weeks ago. I'm generally a neat person but lately I've been lazy and figured I may as well get somebody else to do it. She was over yesterday and when I got home from work, this was on top of my desk..

Inside the stocking was tucked a small box of Lindt Lindor chocolates..

The dust you see on the box is from a Noodle Time flavour pack. I'd already thrown it in the garbage when I decided to write this blog.

Since she had only been working for me for such a short period of time, I thought this was an awesome gesture and really felt the spirit of Christmas. Having just got off work I was hungry anyway and proceeded to gobble the whole box down--it then occurred to me to call and thank her for the gift and a job well done polishing my crib. We were on the phone when she asked me if I got those chocolates. I said I had, thanked her for such a nice gift and told her I had just finished eating them. She replied, "I didn't buy them for you, I found them when I was reorganizing your closet."

We both started howling! I said those chocolates must be at least a year old and I just finished eating them! To which she replied, "I don't think chocolate goes bad." I said, "Well, they were delicious!" More hilarity ensued. I guess what had happened was, when I brought my loot home from Mom's place last Christmas (or possibly the year before) I had put in in a large plastic bag which I store in this closet. She found the stocking in one of them when organizing the spare bags and threw it on the desk, obviously without a note. I guess milk chocolate doesn't go bad after a year because I feel alright today...physically anyway. The brain may be another matter..

2 comments:

John Hartwick said...

I won't even touch on the year old chocolate. But hiring a cleaning lady for a studio apartment???? Dude, you haven't even left that apartment in 6 months. It looks like you're challenging Roman's title as King of disposable income.

Dan Johnson said...

I've barely been home in 6 months..

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin