Saturday, November 17, 2007

One born every minute Part Deux...cont. from Friday


    Yeah so anyways...The booklets keep coming for three or four months without me opening them.Finally some time in July I open up one of the colourful pink envelopes and inside is the usual twaddle and a bill for $104.85. I'm on fire. I immediately send off a nasty letter stating what an outrage this is and you can cancel my subscription straight away,thank you very much.
    A few more weeks go by and another letter arrives indicating that I still owe the $104.85 but this time the"psychic" says that I can just pay what I feel is fair(which is nothing)and I write another letter relating my disdain and stuff $30.00 cash in the envelope.I know it's completely stupid to send cash in the mail but I was concerned about I.D. theft and her knowing my chequing account number. 
    By now a few months have passed and I've forgotten all about it and assumed it's all been dealt with.I get another letter saying I've tried to be fair with you but if you don't take care of  this bill I'll be forced to take this matter to collections. Right away I call customer service and of course they have no record of the cash I sent.What are the odds? They tell me to write her a letter explaining my situation, I'm sure she'll be understanding.I just about bit my tongue off.
    Long story short.I get a money order($50.00)which was an ordeal because the bank was busy and the printer was broken,another letter,trip to the post office etc. I just hope it's over. What a knob...   

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin