Thursday, August 13, 2009

Charming Chaps Club..

     I haven't been blogging much lately because I recently found out and met a 24 year old daughter from my first and truest love--what an awesome surprise! I don't have time right now to tell the whole story but I thought I would post this photo from around that period of time (1982). 

    Ian Kerr, my best friend and roommate had received one of those Sears Portrait Studio coupons so we decided to go get one done with our other good friend, Shane Melnuk. Here are the results that Ian fondly named, the "Charming Chaps Club". We handed out photos to everyone we knew...at least my Mom kept a copy..


      Shane left, Ian rear and yours truly--nice lid. For some reason I had shaved off my moustache...too bad.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I haven't been blogging much lately because I recently met I have a 24 year old daughter..."

What???

George H.

sn said...

What!? You go from I have a 24 year old daughter to the Charming Chaps Club...

Lianne said...

Dan, I just love you. You can drop a bomb and carry on about your moustache - lol. Again, a super duper big time congratulations (Dad -- wow, how does that sound?)

John Hartwick said...

You just said what now?

Anonymous said...

Well. That's a surprise.

Your friends look a lot like MY dad, he was quite the mustachioed-open-shirt-necked-gold-chain-wearing fella back in the day. If I was your mom, I'd have kept a copy of that jewel for always.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that is an awesome surprise! However, I would think that might also lead to a bit of soul searching and maybe a bit of...well, it's not my place to say I guess? Congrats, Dad. :)

You're right, too bad you shaved off the stash, it would have added to the pic.

Shelley said...

la la la la la blah blah blah 24 year old daughter blah blah la la la la awesome blah blah blah la la la

what the?

Danny, ju gos some esplainin' to do.

Actually, you don't, but you started it. I bet she's beautiful and a lovely woman and sounds like she's eager to get to know the other part of her.

shel

Anonymous said...

I was originally just trying to point out your poor sentence structure...

"I haven't been blogging much lately because I recently met I have a 24 year old daughter..." ???

Is there more to this???

George H.

P.S. Is the mustache the REAL story?

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on the net much...
What???? Details, please!
Cath

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin