Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Dad Has A Million Sayings..

     Well maybe not quite a million but he has a few. Like, "One thing about a pair of glasses, they make a guy look more intelligent than he really is." I'm not so sure about that one. How intelligent can you be when you walk out of the glasses store after being suckered into spending $700 for reading glasses (and a pair of sunglasses I didn't need) that I could have bought at London Drugs for 20 bucks. What a knob--but they're Ray Bans..


    Anyway, another one of his classics is, "The harder you try not to think about bananas, all you end up thinking about is bananas all weekend." The apple definitely doesn't fall very far from the tree because I've suffered from obsessive, scary and unwanted thoughts most of my life and for me that saying is absolutely true. To put it in the modern vernacular which I found in this article, "Trying hard not to think about something almost guarantees that it will pop up in your consciousness." There was also a book written about the topic that I should probably pick up..



    Which brings me to another thought, "Maybe every thought I ever had was wrong".. Most of them anyway.

2 comments:

drollgirl said...

well your glasses sure look cool! i cannot believe how expensive glasses are now! bah! i found the perfect pair for me last time i went in for an exam and contacts. they were $375 FOR JUST THE FRAMES. i was so mad! bah. couldn't do it! and crimony -- they weighh about 1 ounce, so i think it is right up there with the price of gold. sheezus. i am in the wrong business!

anywhoooo, hope you have a great weekend!

Dan Johnson said...

Thanks. It's ridiculous how expensive they are! You too..

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin